We understand the importance of private sewage disposal systems in waste management.
As your municipal government, we would like to be a primary agency responsible for making sure that when installing or maintaining one, you and your family are kept well protected during the undertaking itself and the system's future use.
For this reason, we employ permitting regulations based on policies formulated to promote your welfare.
When is a Private Sewage Disposal Permit Required?
A permit in the private sewage discipline is required for a private sewage disposal system undertaking.
When is a Private Sewage Disposal Permit NOT Required?
Nevertheless, a permit is not required for the replacement of any equipment of a private sewage disposal system with units of a similar type if the replacement is made for the purpose of maintaining the system.
It must not also modify the design of the system.
Who May Obtain a Private Sewage Disposal Permit?
This kind of permit may be granted to the following:
- A private sewage installer for any private sewage system;
- A restricted private sewage installer for the installation of holding tanks;
- An owner who resides in a single family residential dwelling for any private sewage system if the private sewage disposal system serves the dwelling, and;
- An owner of a farm building for any private sewage system if the private sewage disposal system serves the farm building.
Notably, a permit issued may be limited in terms of the type and scope of the undertaking for the purpose of achieving the level of safety intended by the Safety Codes Act.
How do I Apply for a Private Sewage Disposal Permit?
Upon downloading, completing, and signing the form, you may submit your application in the following ways:
- E-mail the completed form with the necessary attachments to SafetyCodes@dinosaurvalley.com;
- Fax in the permit form and necessary attachments to (403) 823-7739, or;
- Visit us at Town Hall between 8:00 am to 4:30 pn, Monday through Friday.
For more information, please call us at (403) 823-1310.
We are committed to strengthening our partnership with you as a member of our community.