Announcements |

Search Our Site



Appointments made to the Economic Task Force

Mayor and council are pleased to announce the members of the Economic Task Force steering committee.

The Economic Task Force was created by Mayor and Council as an additional resource to the Economic Development Advisory Committee and Council. The task force will be a think tank responsible for inventive and innovative recommendations that will assist Council in determining strategies for growing the local economy.

The Task Force is expected to provide advice to Council on business retention, investment attraction (both existing expansion and new business), and encouraging entrepreneurship.

After a successful recruitment process, 43 members of the public applied to the Task Force, seven of which have been appointed to the steering committee. These people are; in alphabetical order:

Blair Christianson
John Goudy
Trevor Gough
Tony Ibrahim
Ken Schinnour
Bob Sheddy
Kim Suntjens

"It proves we live in an amazing community, where people want to help make Drumheller a better place to live and do business. We were so fortunate to have so many strong candidates apply," exclaimed Mayor Heather Colberg "I am looking forward to an amazing 2018."

There will be a meeting before the end of December for the Steering committee to get organized. In the New Year sub committees will be created. The steering committee will be reaching out to the other applicants to get involved.

For more information contact:
Heather Colberg
Town of Drumheller
(403) 823-0811


The following link provides a listing of rates for over 230 Alberta Municipalities 2017 


Alberta Municipal Utility Rates 2017