When a natural disaster strikes, we are an organization that you can count on.
Throughout the years, our great valley has seen its fair share of challenges from nature.
Worry not, however, because we always do our best to respond to and manage disasters and major emergencies.
Such emergencies can include floods, storms, hazardous and dangerous goods spills, fires, and explosions.
Disaster Services consists of 3 levels:
- The Town of Drumheller Disaster Services Agency is responsible for the planning, training and management of disaster services.
- The Director of Disaster Services and his 3 Deputies are responsible for the implementation of the Town’s Municipal Emergency Plan.
- Town Council’s Disaster Services Committee oversees the Agency and provides recommendations to Council on budget and policy issues.
In addition, the Alberta Emergency Management Agency is responsible for disaster planning at the Provincial level.
It helps municipalities, industry and First Nations communities prepare for emergencies or disasters by developing their own plans, and maintaining standards for disaster services training.
The agency also administers the disaster services training grant and disaster recovery programs.
Nevertheless, if an emergency happens in your community, it may take emergency workers some time to reach you.
It would be advisable for you to be prepared to take care of yourself and your family for a minimum of 72 hours.
Learn how quick and easy it is to become better prepared to face a range of emergencies – anytime, anywhere.
You can use the following documents to guide you in creating your own emergency plan:
Want to know more? Check out our emergency services FAQs.
In the event of floods, being able to effectively deal with the aftermath is an essential part of ensuring our safety.
In this scenario, the following documents can assist you in avoiding further untoward incidents.
Cleaning the House After a Flood
• Moldy Homes and Buildings ;
• Food Safety in an Emergency ;
• Shock Chlorination Procedure for Personal Water Wells ;
• Flooding and Water Wells ;
• Cistern Cleaning , and;
• Emergency Water Storage .
With these measures in mind, we are always actively engaged with the challenge of formulating sustainable plans to combat untoward incidents during disasters.
Whether it be in terms of infrastructural adjustments or efficient emergency response, you can rest well with the fact that we will have your safety and welfare in mind.