Weed Control | Dinosaurvalley.com
Weed Control


More information on noxious weeds can be found here:

Prohibited noxious weeds

Our Community Standards By-law and the Provincial Weed Control Act both have provisions that state residents cannot allow uncontrolled weeds to grow and spread on their property.

Under the town Community Standards By-law, citizens are also responsible for areas adjacent to their property that they may not actually own.

Residents cannot allow uncontrolled growth of grass and plants to the point where they become unsightly, form a nuisance, are not controlled or managed, or could cause a fire.

If our by-law officer regards a property as needing grass and/or weed cutting, the officer will serve a notice to remedy form on the property resident or the owner.

This form will contain specific instructions as to what attention the property requires to bring it into line with the above noted by-law or Act.

If an order to remedy is not complied with within 7 days after service, an independent contractor will be requested by the Town.

The independent contractor will be tasked to resolve the property‚Äôs issues at the owner or resident's expense. 

Our Town appreciates citizens keeping grass and weeds cut and under control.

If you would like to submit a report related to a property needing weed control, kindly click on this link

Want to learn more about weed control in our community? Please consult our by-laws for more information.

For other inquiries, please call our by-law officers for assistance at (403) 823-1363, our general Town number at (403) 823-6300, or our Emergency Hotline at (403) 823-2512.

Covid 19 situation is changing rapidly please check back for further details. Learn more at Drumheller.ca/covid